Wednesday, July 4, 2012

I can Sew Glue that!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!! BE SAFE! Thank you to everyone who has came and checked this blog out and also for suggesting certain pins and sending me the links or tagging me in them it's much appreciated and it makes this that more fun to get you guys in on it with me! So here's this link for the Project today http://pinterest.com/pin/148126275214641047/ it's Notions and pin cushion holder this retails on etsy for over $40 bucks!! I got my mason jars from Walmart for around $10 and it came in a 12 pack also I used scrap fabric you only need like 3 to 4 inches around ...also I scrapped the whole sewing the pillow and decided to hot glue instead, only because my Nuggets are sleeping and I don't dare poke the bear at the zoo...Now I did this project at 2 am the only time I would be able to do a project for today considering it's 4th of July and we'll be partying! (drunken craft project to follow baha)  Okay so things you'll need:

1.)Hot glue gun
2.)Mason or canning Jar
3.)Fabric about a 4in in diameter piece
4.)Poly-fil (pillow stuffing)
5.) Anything you want to decorate it with

 Okay so I cut my fabric and heated up my Glue gun. Then I laid the inner seal lid on top of the fabric upside down (not the print of the fabric is facing down not towards me) then I started to fold and press the fabric like I was upholstering but I folded it with some slack for the stuffing and leaving a small enough space to be able to add my stuffing in between the lid and the fabric.





Okay now I have to stuff the cushion and well I don't want the underneath of the lid looking like a Rob Zombie flick so I cut a piece of my pink satin into a circle to cover this hot mess




I DID IT!! I added a ribbon around the base and a button for the center of the bow with a few lil jems here and there on the lid....I preferred doing this with the lace and satin because on the one I pinned it looks like burlap and well No thank you I like my version better....now mind you I burnt the shit out of my fingers a whole bunch during this process but It was worth it...so worth it I made one for my mom

So I have to say this turned out way better then the button bowl!!!



6 comments:

  1. Can you use the jar for anything?? Or once its closed, its closed!? Since you bought all those jars you should make me one for the sewing machine i bought that is still sitting in the box LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea you can use it for anything, the tops a pin cushion but you could use it for anything you want..you could leave the poofy top as decoration...I'll be doing lots more mason jar crafts..and you can open and close it as much as you need!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see more!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GIVE ME MORE!!!! Your Killing Me, Buuhhuuhahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, it turned out much better than the bowl... But I can see what went wrong with the bowl too... Great job! I pin and pin and pin but have yet to make anything from there...
    <3 Pam

    ReplyDelete