Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Dress to impress!

Sorry I've been a lil MIA lately lots going om around here, but I managed  to get a beautiful dress done for one of my hubby's friends lil girl!!! Yeaa so Lets begin this is a pretty simple pin in my mind ...You don't have to be a wizard or magician to figure this one out! Here's the pin http://pinterest.com/pin/148126275214502815/

Things you need:
1.) Ribbon ( medium width but really any size would work it's just a matter on how much time you want to invest in wrapping the elastic)

2.) Thread and a needle or a sewing machine

3.) Medium width elastic

4.) Satin ribbon

5.) Tulle

 Okay so you start out by measuring how big you need I went off a toddler size chart online to know her size roughly, next you stretch the elastic so that it stretched a lil beyond about 2 inches or so from the width you want and you cut.
Then your going to stitch the 2 cut ends of the elastic together like so ^

   After you select the type of ribbon you wish to wrap around the elastic then the tedious part begins, I personally hated this part and tried to get my husband to tag in and help....which didn't happen lol
I only had really thin ribbon or huge thick ribbon so I opted to do the super thin which took FORRREEEVEERR. I suggest a medium width ribbon.

Here's a pic of the ribbon fully wrapped around the elastic.






Next you need to figure out the lenght you want the tulle I figures in between the knees and ankles so I wrapped mine around my husbands arms over and over and over again and cut only one end

After that's done next you wand to stretch the elastic not fully but enough to get a sturdy grip and to make sure the dress if very fluffy and full. Next you start to knot the tulle onto the elastic wrapped with ribbon, using a larks head knot you knot the tulle onto the elastic I added one extra knot as well to ensure that the tulle would not loosen.
lol yup that's my foot, classy eh????
then once it is complete take your large satin ribbon and run a small stitch in the back of the dress on a piece of the tulle through the satin ribbon to hold the ribbon in place. I did a lose stitch just so when she gets a little bit bigger she can use this as a tutu and the thread will remove easily.

             Pretty cute huh? I still need to trim down my bow but you get the drift!!!!! I'm working on some big projects the next few wks that will take some time, along with my sons 2nd Bday this weekend and I'll be using lots of pins for that as well so stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment