Friday, August 10, 2012

Scrappy!

So my I did this pin  http://pinterest.com/pin/148126275214536094/ for my friends daughters Birthday!! I was super excited about trying this one out because I want to make one for my daughter as well! so lets begin...



First off I took  half inch elastic stretched it out to the measurement I needed then stitched the two ends together. Next I took some fabric mainly smaller pieces I couldn't use to make anything that had some length to them and cut them in the length I needed to knot on the elastic. For this skirt I did roughly 20 in in length and 2 inch in width....




Okay so now I'm ready to start tying right??...WRONG!! I lost the damn elastic somewhere in my living room between my sons toys and crap on the floor and the fabric pieces everywhere ughhh ....at the end of the night in my house before we pick up when the kids go to bed it looks like something off HOARDERS!! My son is a very Talented mess maker! So instead of driving myself looking for the only piece of elastic that size I dove into my elastic stash and found some more just way thinner ...so I went with that instead ...

 I knotted this one because my kids had fallen asleep and well I didn't want to wake them with the sewing machine...But I knotted it real good and it works!
So I start knotting and well once again my drop dead beautiful Flintstone feet come in very handy...so I kept knotting and knotting and knotting....

Then once I got it all knotted together I wrapped purple ribbon around the waist ....

Then once it was completely wrapped I glued the pieces together and pinned it to make sure it held in place to dry...the whaaalllaaa

A Scrap fabric Skirt




No comments:

Post a Comment